Jaun
Jaun, Teacher
Experience:  Masters in Business Administration.
51563525

I have a science related question- In a surface area

I have a science related question- In a surface area question why does the loss in mass equal to the loss in CO2
Hi thanks for your question
Please show me the full image from where the question starts.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is the first page
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have the results in the computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
for the table would that be needed too
Do the reactants have a decrease in mass?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
These are my results
Okay let me check
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no worries thank you
The law of conservation of mass states that in a chemical reaction, the total mass of reactants must be equal to the total mass of products. In other words, the mass of any one element at the beginning of a reaction will equal the mass of that element at the end of the reaction. This is possible only when the mass of reactants decreases and mass of products increases. As, co2 is one of the products therefore, some loss in masses of the reactants is converted into mass of co2. The rest must be converted into other products.
Does this answer your question. If you have any further questions please ask me. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you it has helped me understand now in your explanation but for the fastest rate from the reactions would it be the least amount of time it took so is the fastest reaction the powered because of the gram being the smallest amount at the longest time?
Powdered reactants have the fastest rate. Because the surface area is minimum, the reactants are more exposed to each other and can interact with each other to greater extent and convert faster into the products than the large lumps.