Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I've been trying to find the reason my Honda Accord 05 2.2

Customer Question

Hi, I've been trying to find the reason my Honda Accord 05 2.2 diesel has lost acceleration. The glow plug light has started to flash, but no information is available as to what this actually means. Can you please help by pointing me in the right direction. Thank you.
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Accord. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not that
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi..there..

The Flashing glow plug light will be engine managment warning..normally it will come up at the same time as the engine warning lamp..but in any case the first thing you should be doing here is get the vehicle scanned..if you have code reader then you could maybe check this yourself and let me know what the codes are to see what steps you can take next..If you dont have one then pretty much any reputable garage would have to tbhis first to establish what sort of fault they will be dealing with..Normally these 2.2cdti engines are very reliable if serviced routinely..so it could be simple issue like ive seen before on these being a bad fuel filter causing a fuel delivery pressure fault,seen that one or two times on them..make sure its a genuine filter installed.. or even a bad,sticking egr valve.just need taking off and cleaned up basically..But like i say above find out what the fault codes are first..and then progress from there..if you need further help then just ask..in the meantime i do hope this helps..