Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

It's running lumpy at times, especially noticeable when

Customer Question

It's running lumpy at times, especially noticeable when using cruise control or when the climate control is on.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: It's a 1.4 Si 2014 and what fuse??
JA: What is the model of your '14 Honda?
Customer: Jazz
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, haven't tried anything yet other than the last service didn't cure it and I put a tank of Shell V power in and have got it up to the speed limiter a couple of times to try and clear out any 'muck'
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don't think so.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It sometimes feels like it surges a bit then other times feels like it's holding back and underpowered. At times it feels 'bouncy' too, although this could be tyres or road surfaces.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, I'm happy to wait a bit longer for a response.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please the mileage of your car and what are the last maintenances you have done to your car?
thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The mileage is around 31,000. It has a full service history the first four years of which was done at Honda dealers. My last service was done in May at a local garage and followed the manufacturer schedule apart from checking the valve clearances which hasn't been done. It has dual controls fitted as I am a driving instructor.

I understand dear customer, that kind of problems when your Honda Jazz is slow you can see different factors In reality, your Honda has little distance 31K miles is a fairly acceptable route for years of use So there is a possibility that the problem is present is related to a sensory problem.

As you understand, your Honda is already being monitored by different sensors and actuators in charge of regulating and controlling the operation of the vehicle and I am observing that you feel this loss of power especially when you activate cruise control and climate control. This gives me to understand that It seems there is a significant absorption of electricity in the vehicle so I would like to know what time you have without having made a replacement to the battery and a maintenance to this electrical system.