Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Honda Jazz 1.41 -VTEC 2010 When I start on a slight uphill

Honda Jazz 1.41 -VTEC 2010 When I start on a slight uphill or down hill it rolls /moves backward or forward ever with hand brake on ?
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: I have just bought this little car about 3 months ago it came with a full MOT, and to answer your question I have not looked at the brake fluit
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Jazz 1.41 - VTEC
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have arranged to take to Honda Garage but just wish to know what it might
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: be as they say the want the car for they day to do tests.. just some idea of what they problem might be

Hi..there..

Is this this Manual or Automatic version you have?

How does the handbrake feel intially when you apply it.. ie:- do you have to pull it on quite high up before it engages etc....

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Auto and manual I have to put the hand brake really hard

Ok..

Sounds to me like you handbrake isnt actually holding on but maybe partical applying holding the vehicle at full travel..i suspect either there is an issue with the brakes on the back, calipers, pads worn,i fdrum type then the shoes maybe suspect..or the handbrake cables themselves are stretched...if thats the case if the handbrake isnt holding then you must ensure the car is always left in gear uphill in reverse wheels facing away from the kirb / downhill in 1st wheels facing into the kirb..until as such the back brake,handbrake can be inspected..hope this helps