sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It wouldn't start. Battery totally flat. Wouldn't start with

Customer Question

It wouldn't start. Battery totally flat. Wouldn't start with jump leads. I think I left hazard lights on as they lit up without blinking when we tried to jump start.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Front and rear hazard lights. Steady all the time.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Insight hybrid.
JA: What year is your Insight?
Customer: not sure.
JA: Are you fixing your Insight yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far unlocked driver door with key and then tried to jump start from another vehicle. Hazard lights came off after several minutes but not blinking. Steady. Nothing else would charge up.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Honda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if you have used a diagnostic tool so far?
Also do you have any kind of indicator in addition to the hazard lights?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No diagnositc tool. Am an old lady at home. I looked in manual to see what the lights which came on were called and they were called front or rear direction indication lights but I believe they are also the lights which flash when hazard switch is depressed.

Ok, dear customer, thanks for your reply.
Dear customer, could you tell me please if you know your reg number to know the year of your car and if you have ever replaced the battery on your car?
Also the car is not charging?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WG10 YHJ 2010. Battery new. Don't understand car not charging. Cars don't charge. Do you mean battery. If so the battery did not seem to charge from jump leads but as I said before the hazard lights came on steady.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not want to call. Please send me your answers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you have no answer please refund my money!

Dear customer, i apology for my delay during they day. I had some issues to sort out with my family.
About your query.
Dear customer, I do not recommend trying to start the vehicles with jump cables, since this generates increases in voltages that can cause damage to the electrical system, I am concerned that one of these voltage rises has compromised the ignition system of your Honda hybrid.

The electrical system works, because you are activating the central locking system by unlocking the door, i imagine you must have internal lights on and part of the electrical system working.

But I want to ask you, if you notice any strange indicator on the dashboard, it seems to me that you have activated the anti-theft system and that is why you have the auxiliary or hazard lights on (flashing).
The problem is that in your query it is very important to locate a garage or technician with expiriences with this kind of vehicles that can go to where you are and that can make a computerized diagnosis to know the error codes that are lit on. What I can do is locate a garage. Review where you are, for that I need you to indicate the exact address of where you are.