CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I want to fit an led light bar to my 2011 CRV. I want it to

I want to fit an led light bar to my 2011 CRV. I want it to come on with the main beam and off when the lights are dipped. How do I do this?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It is an LED light bar.
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing it myself. I've not done anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

To do this, you have to locate the wiring for the main beam bulb. If your head light has a single harness plug, then you need to check which pins on the connector are for the main beam so you can tap into the wires. Pictures of the rear of the headlight unit would help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can test that with a multi meter.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has separate bulbs for main and dip beams so no problem.
All I have do is wire switch side of the relay to the to the main beam feed. Yes?

You can connect the positive side of the led light to the positive for the main beam and the ground can be connected to the chassis (any nearby nut can be used for ground). You don't need a relay, this is only needed for HID lights which use a lot of power. Just wire the led bar in as if you are adding another bulb to the main headlight and thats it.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Happy to help :) Thank you for using JA.