Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a diesel Honda Civic. It is experiencing difficulty

I have a diesel Honda Civic. It is experiencing difficulty starting - usually after it has driven a fair distance (40-60 miles). I have had AA out twice because it wouldn't start - once a problem fuel pump was identified and the second time no faults were identified and then the car started. On short trips (less than 10 miles)there is a lag in starting - the engine turns over but doesn't immediately catch and then does.
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: There are no trouble codes or check engine lights. It sparks after a bit.
JA: What year is your Civic?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After the first AA call out I took it to the garage - it was there for three days - it started all the time for them and their diagnostics came up with no faults.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need guidance on what to do next. The AA man suggested a diesel specialist who could service the injectors and fuel pump. And/or drive the vehicle him/herself to experience the fault.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please - what should I do next?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me written advice?

The AA man is correct on that specific items need testing on there own and to look at fuel values.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fuel values or valves? So I should find a diesel specialist?

Yes you need a specialist they can look into the issue a lot deeper than a everyday garage.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No problem if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.