Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Robert, my CRV gets fuel starvation problems and although

Customer Question

HI Robert, my CRV gets fuel starvation problems and although the engine does not stop the car does not respond to the accelorator. after pulling over pomping the accelorator the engine picks up and is fine until the next time. this happened to me twice yesterday on the motorway which is a bit dangerous.. It seems to occur whenthe engine is on "overrun" the fuel consumption indicator is off the scale at 65 MPG plus
JA: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?
Customer: The car is regularly serviced by Honda main agents. They investigated my first report of this and said there was "nothing wrong"
JA: What year is your CR-V?
Customer: "007
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have not touched it, I rely on Honda servises at the correct times
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apart from this fuel problem car is running very well at 97000 miles
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi..there..

I note you mention that it serviced quite regulary - i dont suppose this actually includes the fuel fitler aswell..they are a bit of ackward access down under the airfilter at the firewall of the engine bay..it certainly might be worth at leastgetting that ooked at or replaced again...another thing they will have to do is check inputs,signals from the pedal itself intermittent electrical issue with the throttle pedal position sensor or its wiring / connector to the ECU they will need to confirm all that first at least..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THanks Robert,, I will certainly ask the service to look at the fuel filter and check input signals from the pedal for an intermittant electrical issue.
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

No.. they will have to start somewhere..unless there is fault codes being stored during the event..they may have to take the car ona run to be able to replicate the fault... but if you need to ask anything else then jsut continue here... in the meantime if you could leave a rating for me..thank you