Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

My 10-year old Honda CRV ES is running well. But it is

Customer Question

My 10-year old Honda CRV ES is running well. But it is producing a funny knocking sound from the bottom rear left when I slow down and apply brakes in order to stop at traffic lights, when I approach roundabouts or when I want to turn either to the left or right. Is there something wrong with my rear left suspension or is it my braking system ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Birmingham, West Midlands
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Steve and i am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

As you will understand I can only comment from your description, but from the way you describe the problem I would suspect that one of the rear suspension bushes has worn and this is allowing the arm to move and knock onto the sub-frame. This will occur when cornering or braking due to the extra forces places on the suspension during the cornering or braking actions.

I would advise getting the suspension checked by a garage as soon as possible to prevent any further damage to the suspension components.

I hope this answers your question, but do please feel free to ask any further details.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

Even after clicking accept I can continue to answer your questions on the matter.

Many Thanks

Steve