Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

CRV idtec 2.2 46k miles on start up from cold slight

CRV idtec 2.2 46k miles on start up from cold slight rattling sound from engine goes away after a couple of minutes. Oil correct and fresh as with filter.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Just got the car a week ago not sure location other than engine.
JA: What year is your CR-V?
Customer: Sorry 2012
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has a warranty with Honda but other than changing to the correct oil and all filters not touched so far but need the car on the road right now if possible.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tha'ts all I can think of.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

If the noise is only on initial start-up it may be related to the timing chain tensioner, this can take a while to fully operate until the oil pressure then tensions the chain and the noise will disappear, if this is the case, whilst I would ask for the issue to be settled under the warranty it should not prevent present use of the vehicle.

There is also another common problem on the 2.2 diesel CR-V and this is poor running when first started, the remedy for this is to upgrade the software in the ECU and this if not done Then it should be done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can answer further questions on the matter by replying to this thread

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ma ny thanks I will look into both issues.

Do feel free to ask any further questions.

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried to leave tip but Bank refuses strange since I paid the joinung fee the same way

Not to worry, many thanks

Steve