Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

A flashing P light on the dash of my Honda CRV 2017 Auto &

Hi, A flashing P light on the dash of my Honda CRV 2017 Auto & select lever won't engage drive or reverse, its now behaving (til next time!)
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Nope not yet, I've only just got the car a week ago as said its now driving fine, I thought it was me being new to it etc
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry Pearl ... I;m thick with cars! so on seeing your site I just jumped on it, I might have to do more & see if it reappears!
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, thanks, ***** ***** wanted a simple explanation of what it might be

Hi..there..

How do you mean wont engage? was the lever jammed in P "park" or when selected in D - R etc the car wouldnt move?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No not jammed in parked, it would move easily to D ot R but no light would would illuminate by the lever nor would the car move.

Ok..if the lever is moving then that discounts any issue with brake pedal switch..if the selector position lights isnt lighting up and the car isnt moving..then it has to be coms issue with the gearbox tcm and the selector itself..you dont say how it rectified itself..im asuming you turned the vehicle back off and on again and it reset? in any event without actually getting the tcm scanned for codes and check the software is upto date per gearbox tcm..

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok Robert I'll see what gives, if it reoccurs etc and try & get more Info, but thanks for your help so far.

No..problem glad to help...

In the meantime if you could leave a rating for me using the 5 stars..thank you