Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

When I start up I get a sign saying Check System. Have

When I start up I get a sign saying Check System. Have looked in book but can’t find info. Perhaps about brake because that’s when it comes on
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: I haven’t tried lights . Could it be b3cause haven’t used it as much recently. Ie battery? Have been out perhaps 10 miles. day for a week but it wasn’t used during lockdown
JA: What is the model of your '10 Honda?
Customer: sorry, was top of the range last August
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet....I’m 79!
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No only what check system means, can’t find info in handbook

Good morning

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The systems check sign can be due to a low voltage on the management systems, modern vehicles are very dependent on the correct voltage being supplied to the electronic control systems.

After use this should clear as the battery becomes charged back to its full capacity. If the message remain it may need the battery to be re-charged using a charger to bring it up to its full capacity, but this would not normally be required.

The message can also apply to other systems such as oil level, but this would normally bring up the oil level symbol at the same time.

If there are any other symbols showing with the message let me know and I can explain them for you.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
O.
No, no other signs. I know the oils sign so I suspect low battery but wouldn’t it just say low battery.

No the message is generic so it saves the system having to be programmed with a multitude of messages.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks

Your welcome.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Steve