Steve
Steve, Vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

My srs unit has stopped working on my Honda CR-V 2014 I'm

My srs unit has stopped working on my Honda CR-V 2014 I'm trying to find one second hand because dealer prices are too much but can't find one with exact model number will any mark four crv units fit??
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm fixing it myself! I've had it to auto electrician and a Honda dealer, they've both said the unit is not responding so need new. Honda UK have refused any good will help
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it, thanks oh apart from the air bag light came on after sensors going mad in snow earlier this year but no bump
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: Everything in the car has been checked and is ok

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The unit must be from the 2013 - 2019 series of the CR-V and I believe there was only one version which is the 77960-T1G-E940-M4 unit.

I would add a cautionary note that a second hand unit may need the crash data removing before it will operate, depending why it was removed from the original vehicle.

With this in mind I would suggest getting your unit repaired, this company click here should be able to complete the job for you at a better price than the second-hand unit and it will be guaranteed.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve
My module number ends in E930-M4 so would the module number you suggested fit?

Yes it should do, if the first digits are still 77960. The E940 unit covers the 2013-2019 range.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for that. The people who have looked at it have said there's no point trying to get it fixed as it's not responding, is that true?

I would try sending it for repair, the worst way it will cost postage, but if they can repair it (and they are good) it will be cheaper and guaranteed. Just because the diagnostic won't connect does not mean it can't be repaired. It is not that old and Honda is reliable normally.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you

Your welcome,

I hope all goes well.

Steve