sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’m trying to disconnect my Honda Civic R 2008 Siren, Yes, I

Customer Question

Hi, I’m trying to disconnect my Honda Civic R 2008 Siren
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am trying to reach the siren in the rear panel on the driver side
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The key fob has stopped working so unlocking car manually and that sets off the alarm
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Sorry it’s a type s
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’ve now managed to disconnect the siren unit in the rear right passenger body area but the hazards are still going off. So now I need to know how to switch the alarm hazards off but still allow the normal hazards to work.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, what you want to do is not possible and I will explain to you why, in old cars the alarm systems worked with independent modules which could be connected and disconnected and can be configured to whatever we want, today the modules and the electronic alarm systems are integrated into the main computer in the same configuration, so making such configurations is impossible unless rebaling procedures are carried out on the computer, which is not recommended for the best to proceed to verify the alarm system and make the necessary repairs.

Starting with the verification of the control battery, a new programming of the key fob and with the vehicle, restoring the factory data through a diagnostic device with Honda software and through the same diagnostic device, checking the operation of the electronic module to confirm that it does not have any kind of problems that may warrant a module replacement.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Sebastian, the key fob no longer works so how could it be reprogrammed? I have read a lot of posts on the internet about people disengaging their alarms. Are you sure it can’t be done?

No dear customer, because it is not an independent module as I have indicated, but certainly in previous models it could be done but these 2008 Civic models no longer.

in fact, You might do it but with a revalidation procedure to the computer that basically is to delete the software and install a new software leaving the alarm system out.