sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Changed battery in 20216 Civic Tourer. No Audio.Followed

Customer Question

Changed battery in 20216 Civic Tourer. No Audio.Followed instruction in handbook; key in pos.ll press power 2 secs+, without result. This did work on previous occasion, but not this time. Any suggestions please?
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What year is your Civic?
Customer: 2016 1.8 Tourer
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As mentioned. Followed handbook; turn key to position ll press power button 2 secs+. Appears to be searching, but no connection.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, what you are trying to do is a manual reboot of the system but these reboots are generally very superficial factory reset, when we lose the audio on these computers there are several procedures that must be done, but in your case there would only be two very important ones, the first is very simple, it is a verification of the fuses that are under the dashboard since here is a fuse in charge of giving power to the speaker system, but how I see that the equipment seems to be looking for it may need a reset from the diagnostic equipment with Honda software to restore the original factory data.
You can start in anyway by checking the fuses to rule out.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.