sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I accidently "nutted" my rear view mirror and it is

Customer Question

I accidently "nutted" my rear view mirror and it is "unseated". How can I reseat the mirror?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2015 Honda Jazz1.3i VTEC EX CVT
JA: What year is your EX?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried to reseat by turning the mirror clockwise and it won't seat. It drops back down
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, due to what i observed, the operation of the electric mirrors was deconfigured, this is something very simple to solve but you need a diagnostic tool to perform a factory data reset so that the vehicle remains working with its original data there is a procedure manual that is very simple that consists of disconnecting the battery from the positive connector leaving the negative connected for 30 seconds, the problem with these procedures is that sometimes it can misconfigure other electrical systems such as the stereo, that is why I do not recommend doing this type of procedure and I recommend that the most prudent thing is through a diagnostic tool but both procedures you can try.
in addition if you can share some pictures of how the mirror is is would be really helpful.
Sometimes it just need to be push to its seat but i would like to see it by myself.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.