sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a honda Crv 1.6 diesel 2015. Was problem with

Customer Question

Hi. I have a honda Crv 1.6 diesel 2015. Was problem with electric. When I 'm driving was electric just gone for a few second's and back againn.In that time power steering radio was turned off and back on. Thats happening good few times in 100km journey.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Power loss fluctuate.
JA: What year is your CR-V?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just check battery cables or is not loss and cable from engine to the car body. But when power gone engine was working fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: When back home I turn off engine for half an hour, and turn on engine, and try to drive a short distance. Seems to be okay. But I have to drive longer distances and then will see.
Category: Honda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, it seems to be a momentary disconnection of the computer with the vehicle or a power failure.

It was good to start by checking the state of the fuses, but I would recommend that you check with another battery. If the problem persists, it may be that the battery remains the problem as it could have damaged load cells and therefore this type of problem occurs. Also verify very well the status of the ground connections to the chassis and computer.

If the problem persists, we would have to check the status of the wiring loom and the status of the computer connections, as it could be a matter of running or loose connections.

In the worst case, it could be that the ecu has some kind of internal problems, I would recommend that you do a computerized diagnosis with a computer with Honda software to check the working status of the electronic modules and the ecu.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much. I was driving about 60 miles today and everything was ok. I keep an eye. Thanks again.

Thank you dear.