Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Iv got an 08 civic type r fn2 and iv just replaced the

Iv got an 08 civic type r fn2 and iv just replaced the clutch and now I have trouble getting it into gear unless I start it up in gear with my foot hard on the clutch. Even then I have to keep foot on break or it’s trying to move. Iv bled through clutch and I’m baffled tbh can you please put me on the right track 🤦‍♂️
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: It’s brand new and it’s never slipped or stuck
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i have a small back street garage and iv tried everything I can think of it’s like the pedal is only being pressed slightly And not enugh to engage gears properly but it pressed right the way down and there’s no air in the system ??
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that should be fine

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today how does the clutch pedal feel and did it bleed up ok.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It feels fine, as it should do and it bled up ok I think