sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Air bag warning light came on last week. Honda garage

Customer Question

Air bag warning light came on last week. Honda garage checked SRS system . V0151 can connection error srs unable to communicate with srs unit. Checked fuses, all ok.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: All of the above was done at Honda garage. They suspect SRS control unit to be faulty. They say this is rare as car has not been in a crash or battery has never run down. They want to have car for a couple of days and to talk to Honda Belgium to see why it might have happened. Quoting £1300 for new unit.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Sorry I kee[
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: Sorry I keep pressing return and it ends message. Car is Honda CRV-V-SE-T1 Vetec Automatic , Reg 2014. Done about 22k miles.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are not car techy so need 2nd opinion
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that is all
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 18 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer from the error code I would also suspect that the problem is the unit, to my mind £1300 is a reasonable price for all the work including the module delay, although certainly this procedure can be carried out in an external workshop including the model you can and felling secondly buy it over the web like via ebay page to get the best prices.

Before replacing the module I always recommend doing a good check of the electrical wiring and connections as they often cause interference with the module signal and cause the same symptoms you are experiencing.