Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Is my Honda Civic from 2002 able to use the new petrol? It's

Is my Honda Civic from 2002 able to use the new petrol?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It's fine, wonderful, and my garage says never to sell it.
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wouldn't dream of trying to fix it - I am (unbelievably) 86 years old, and my driving licence is clean. The car has now clocked up just over 93,000m.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No - all I want to know if whether the car can use the new E10 petrol.

Hello im Rob..A Certified Motor Technician in the UK. And will be advising you on your question today..

As far as we know - All Honda Petrol car models produced post-1996 are fitted with electronic fuel injection (HONDA PGM-FI) and will be compatible with new E10 petrol.. Having said that E5 what your using now or previously will still be sold along side for the next 5 years or so...