sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Everybody, I have a problem with my Honda CR-V 2000cc 1999

Customer Question

Hi Everybody, I have a problem with my Honda CR-V 2000cc 1999 model, which has happened this last week.
The car has always been reliable, and starts first time, the battery is good and never let me down. But while travelling to Hexham a city nearby, the car suddenly cut out and all the fault lights came on, after parking I tried the ignition again and the engine would not turn over, I left it for 10 minutes then tried it again, and the engine started, and I was able to continue to my destination.
Since then, it has done this on each occasion I have tried to travel to, and it now seems to be happening at a more frequent time, often only running for 10 minutes and having to wait from 10 to 30 minutes before it again starts? I have had it for 3 days in a garage, only to be told they do not know what is wrong, they suspect it is a sensor or even that the Distributor is failing. Has anybody else suffered similar, and what did they do to fix this problem???
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put it in the garage and they could not find the 16 pin socket for the computer read-outs checking for a fault, and so they did nothing else?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to fix this problem myself if i am able, but a new distributer would cost me £300 and that may not be the answer, so what i need to know is what is the fault so i can then decided a garage or myself should fix it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customers there are several factors that we have to verify for example what you describe to me a very characteristic of a problem in the fuel pump when a fuel pump reach the end of its life often occurs and failures but also occurs when there are problems at the level of the coils, what you have to do to find the exact component that is failing is that when the fault occurs and the vehicle does not start go to the engine and check if the coil is coming spark if so go to the pump and check that fuel coming out the factor that is missing you are going to proceed to replace