Kevin
Kevin, Honda Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

The back box of the exhaust has snapped off and hanging off

Hey the back box of the exhaust has snapped off and hanging off the end of the car
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: not sure, not with it currently
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: honda jazz 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unlikely, don’t reall have tools and it looks like its sheared off the main exhust
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It’s attached by some rubber clips

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tom
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Literally spent my last 5£ on you lol. Only got cash ‍♀️
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Basically the back box is hanging off.How do i get it off and is it safe to drive?
Hi Tom I hope your well. I’m sorry to hear you are having exhaust issues and I understand how frustrating this can be . The silencer will just pull off the rubber mounts, they will be tight but you should be able to just pull it off

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
safe enough to drive like a 60 odd miles to get home and fixed?

as long as its not dragging on the floor yes you should be ok

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Lovely. Thanks mate

no problem. I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day