RichardM1126
RichardM1126,
Experience:  Expert
110837232

I have a 2011 Honda Civic i-shift type S. Today the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Honda Civic i-shift type S. Today the transmission refused to go into reverse and eventually would not even go into neutral and now I cannot get the car to start at all. Please could you advise
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The battery did run low as I had the lights on while waiting for AA however this was then charged up later. The terminal points are not corroded
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not fixing myself. I just want to get some ideas of the problem so I can have a proper discussion with a mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear you are having problems with your car,

you say the AA attended did they have a look at the car? What did they think was wrong with it? Did they carry out a diagnostic check and get any fault codes?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, the AA did try and do a diagnostic but couldn't find the specific code as it was coming up blocked on their machine. The guy who attended to me thought it might be the actuators and he tried to tap it back into place to get it working but it didn't make a difference

So ideally you need to get a full diagnostic scan done so you can see what’s at fault, it is common that it’s the actuator faulty on these gearboxes then an actual mechanical fault, which a diagnostic scan will identify,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for this. I'll arrange it

No problem hope you get it sorted

many thanks