Steve
Steve, Vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I have aHonda CR V WQ 5D 2.0Exec, it is a 59 plate

I have aHonda CR V WQ 5D 2.0Exec
JA: How long have you had your 5D?
Customer: it is a 59 plate 02/12/2009 CL59AJL
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: the satnav and clock does not work Local Honda say they are waiting for a fix recommendation from Honda HQ have had fault since Feb 2022
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly. You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

This is a big problem for Honda at the moment, the bug in the software stopped it from recognising the date when it clicked over 2-2022, this is being looked into by the Honda engineers and they have assured us that when the fix is available it will be rolled out, the estimated date for this is in August.

This is the type of software programme issue that everyone was checking for in 2000, but it was not considered that it would kick in in 2022.

At the moment there is no fix, but it is being dealt with and hopefully this will not take too much longer.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread. Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Your welcome, I am hoping this issue will be sorted soon, it is effecting many Honda owners.

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Steve

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Steve. Await August !!! Thank you

Your welcome, :)

Steve