sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When we try to lock the car the key fob beeps and the car

Customer Question

When we try to lock the car the key fob beeps and the car won’t lock. We’ve checked doors and windows are shut, disconnected any charging cables and made sure all th lights are working. Any other suggestions?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: how do I check door switches?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: CRV ex 2013
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We’re on our way on holiday so trying to sort it ourselves
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so.
Category: Honda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, is unlocking the car no problem at all?

Could you do the following test?

leave a door badly closed and try to lock the car, detect if it emits the same sound under this condition.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can’t try unlocking it as we can’t lock it
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello?

Dear customer, first try replacing the battery in the key fob, I think the battery is discharged. if the problem persists, one of the door sensors has been damaged and is detecting that one of the doors is incorrectly closed, so the locking system will not activate until the doors and windows are properly closed. but if the sensor is damaged, a diagnostic should be performed to determine which sensor is causing the problem and then replace it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where can I get a replacement battery? Any garage or Honda specialist?

it is not necessary to go to an official agency, any technician can do this work for you, don't worry, even a friend.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We’ve just tried the retractable key but that won’t lock it either

If the problem persists, you can be sure that it is a problem with the doors and you will have to go to a workshop to have this checked.

Dear customer, is there anything I have failed to explain? or anything I have not explained adequately?