HorseDVM
HorseDVM, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  In-hospital and ambulatory experience. Focus on lameness and internal med.
21119297

A question about the student pathway to become and Equine

Customer Question

A question about the student pathway to become and Equine Veterinary Nurse. My daughter is a 16 currently working at an equine center and studying BHS level 2 & 3. However, she want's to go to college to get the qualifications required to ultimately become an Equine Veterinary Nurse. Can someone explain the educational requirements and pathway, she has 8 GCSE grades 4 and above including English Maths and Science. Thank you.
Category: Horse
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, I'm happy to wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Daniel Cochren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, and thanks for your question concerning your daughter's requirements for working as an equine Veterinary Nurse. My apologies for the delay with someone getting back to you. I just logged in and saw your post. My name is***** and I have been a large animal Veterinarian for 19 years. I am happy to assist you with your question. Are you still needing some help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, yes please I've been doing my own research online but I get absolutely lost with it all, the colleges I've spoken to have been a bit hopeless too. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way Dan I'm in the UK, are you?

Thanks for getting back to me. I am in the U.S., and unfortunately, am not familiar with the processes that are necessary to work as a Veterinary Nurse in the U.K. In the states, there are schools/programs specifically designed for training in this field, where, upon completion one received licensing as a CVT, or Certified Veterinary Technician. One can also obtain this by working at a Veterinary facility for approximately six years, then taking an exam for licensure.

As I' am not familiar with the procedures in the U.K., I'll have to opt out and hope that another Vet can help you find your answer.

Sorry I couldn't help!

-Dan.

Would a U.K. Veterinarian be able to help you, or perhaps visiting an equine hospital and talking with the staff? Just a thought.

-Dan.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel it thanks.