MichaelD1217
MichaelD1217, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
111024629

My horse has a lump on her right hind leg, it’s been there

hi my horse has a lump on her right hind leg, it’s been there for about a month or two and it has not gone down and maybe i screamed in size a bit? it’s only about the size of the tip of my finger and it feels like just flesh, but it’s scabby and when the scab comes off it bleed quite badly and it hurts her to touch it at any point
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did the bleeding start?
Customer: thank you, ***** ***** bleeds if the scab comes off
JA: What's the horse's name and age?
Customer: dolly and 21 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: we don’t know where she originally came from so we can’t give much info on her background but other than that no
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (M1TZGVT)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this is what it looks like from further away

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i’m okay with it thank you
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please do continue to find a professional it’s necessary now
Good morning. I am Michael an equjne vet and hope I can help you
How long has this lump been present?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** months i think
This looks quite suspicious and it could be a sarcoid. Unfortunately it’s very difficult to fully assess it from a photograph and a definite diagnosis would require a biopsy which for a mass that size would be best to remove it entirely and send it for analysis.Has it gotten any bigger in size?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i did think so but i wasn’t sure and was a bit worried, that’s fair enoughit has only gotten slightly bigger in size
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi actually, looking at today it does seem to have gotten bigger more recently, it’s about the size of a (middle) finger nail now
It would be worth having it examined and consider removing it surgically for the best outcome.
MichaelD1217, Horse Veterinarian
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
okay thank you for your help, close question