Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Horse 370 fay's in foal and no sign of having it. Does have

Horse 370 fay's in foal and no sign of having it. Does have small udder and vulva opened for over 2 weeks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the horse's situation?
Customer: In what way
JA: When was the horse last seen by a vet?
Customer: Not been seen
JA: What's the horse's name?
Customer: Dee
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Dee?
Customer: She is 26. Has had foals when she was younger
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
370 days in foal today
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Any answer please

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly

Thank for your question. I appreciate your concern here, however the gestation period in a horse is highly variable (much more so than other animals). Many consider anywhere up to 380 days to be a nornal gestation period. So long as we do not have any concerning signs (malaise, poor appetite, colic, fever or abnormal vaginal discharge) then we can wait a little longer.

If we get to 380 days with no sign of anything happening then I would veetainly get your vet out to see her to check that everything is still OK with the pregnancy.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience: BVetMed MRCVS