JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Firenza gas heater will not ignite. Help!

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear the gas entering the heater, or see the spark when you hear the click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no spark and I can't hear the gas.-Margaret.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok Margaret,

It may be as simple as the piezo/igniter has failed, which causes the spark, the other likely fault is the gas valve has locked up.

These are relative cheap parts to replace, however the fault you have is certainly hardware related and you will need an engineer out.

If you provide me with your postcode, and the model of the heater I can recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Postcode GU2 9XD. It's a Flavel Firenza gas fire but I can't find a model number on it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The gas valve is around £45 from here, however parts are starting to become discontinued, so you may struggle with the igniter.

I would recommend Stucas on*********** please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I can’t hear gas entering and there is no spark. Please just tell me what the trouble is.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Margaret,

If your not seeing a spark its the spark generator, if your not hearing any gas it also suggests the valve has failed, so your needing to replace both igniter and gas valve.

Let me know if you need anything further.