JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Appliance clicks at about 16degrees Boiler comes on

Customer Question

Appliance clicks at about 16degrees Boiler comes on spasmodically then goes off Sometimes will come on instantly when hot water is switched off for an hour then switched on again
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I see you raised a question some time ago, do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The boiler comes on then goes off again . Sometimes starts up again .
When I turn off the hot water for an hour or so then turn it on again the boiler sometimes fires up straight away . Thats when the heating is already set to on but rads are cold and boiler wont start even when you turn the Danfoss room stat right up .
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ok this is pointing towards a faulty PCB, if its affected by both hot water and central heating.

In most cases the issue is a lack of 'call for heat' but there are two different mechanisms for hot water and central heating to so I dont think its that.

A PCB fault would be the most likely cause, these can be very expensive (parts in excess of £150), so would suggest opting for a fixed price repair and protect plan, since as the fault is not always present it may take a few visits and a few parts to be replaced and thats best achieved by such a plan as they are cheaper in the long run. There are many such plan one such plan can be found here for £195

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you need anything further, and please rate the service received to date using the star rating on this page.