Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

I have a Potterton Performa 24i HE boiler and have replaced

Customer Question

Good morning! I have a Potterton Performa 24i HE boiler and have replaced the 3 way diverter valve assembly. Now, when turning on the DHW the pump sounds like it's running but noisily and the burner isn't firing up. The 60 degree red light starts flashing, indicating a pump issue, but how do I diagnose what is actually wrong with the pump? I hope you can help as I've been let down by 3 heating engineers so far and that is why I decided to read the manual and go for the DIY option. Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.
Have you managed to vent the pump manifold above and from the screw in the centre?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no pump manifold shown on the boiler parts in the manual, but there is an automatic air vent shown?! I have done what I think you're referring to - wasn't sure whether it needed to be turned clockwise or anticlockwise though.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had earlier undone the central screw at the front of the pump head and ensured that it still turns, which it does