Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

I have a worcester bosch camray 18/25 oil fired open vent

I have a worcester bosch camray 18/25 oil fired open vent boiler it came from a friend of mines house who had a biomass boiler fitted. it worked correctly when in his house, but since the heating engineer fitted it to my property it has a fault but he says its the way the electrican has wired it up.
Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: when the heating is turned on from cold at the room thermostat the boiler fires up and all the rads get hot. the boiler switches off at the boiler thermostat even if the room temperature is not high enough to switch it off at the room stat. after a little while the boiler fires up again and runs for two or three minutes then switches off again at the boiler thermostat. the room never gets warm enough to the room stat to operate. A plumber i know said maybe he's connect the flow to the return and visa versa. also when this boiler was brought to me it was laying down on its side
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I want to get the electrican or the heating engineer back as I've paid them a lot of money.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi its not wired wrong as far as i can tell.

Firstly the boiler is supposed to switch on and off independent of the room thermostat this is quite normal.

Do the radiators stay hot when the heating is on.

If they do then then its more likely that the radiator is to small to heat the room with the thermostat in

you could try turning the boiler thermostat higher if you haven't already done so.

If they are cooling down or not getting very hot you could have a problem with the boiler thermostat or a circulation problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Yes the rads do stay hot when the heating is on, The room thermostat is in the hall and the rad is a 1073w 600 x 600 double rad, I don't think it's a circulation problem as all the rads get hot when the heating is on. I have tried the pump on all 3 settings. I thought the bypass valve might have been allowing the heated water back to the boiler, but no all is ok there, I closed the gate valve which restricts the flow of the bypass valve and no different. if I turn the boiler up its still does the same thing but at a higher temperature.
I suggest you go online and fill out a rad size calculator to check its big enough to cope with the room size
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience: OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have not suggested anything I haven't tried. Thanks