Tamar D
Tamar D, HVAC Mechanic II / Service Tech
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I have a honeywell smartfit central heating timer

i have a honeywell smartfit central heating timer t8677a1004, its showing f12 with a spanner icon, any ideas? j.condra
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: i have a honeywell smartfit timer t8677a 1008 , its showing f12 with a spanner icon. any ideas?***@******.***
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if its something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i went away switched it off on returning switched it on and thats when i got the spanner icon and f12
Hi there, sorry to hear about the timer. My name is ***** ***** I’ve got over 10 years of experience
I’ll be happy to help you out.Please ignore phone requests because the system automatically generates them, if you don’t want that service ignore it and I’ll help through text.
F12 is a communication fault between the room unit and the base unit.You need to first check the room unit wiring to verify it is correct. (If your unit was working previously without issue we can assume the wiring is correct)Next wed want to just switch the system off and on again to see if the fault clears out and we can resume normal operation sometimes these kinks can happen.If that doesn’t work we need to look into replacing the room unit with the same part number.If all else fails, we’ll need to replace the base unit unfortunately.I hope that answers your question. If you have another question fee free to ask and I’ll reply ASAP.If not please remember to rate the question up at the top with 5 stars so I can get credit for the answer. If we don’t get rated we don’t get credit
:(Otherwise I hope you enjoy the rest of your day sir/mam!- Tamar
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi tamar, my timer is t8677a 1008 not t8677a1004, also what do u mean about the filters and thermo settings? tks
Sorry, I didn’t mention anything about filters, what do you mean sir?
That question about the filters was an automatic question the system asks before it refers you to me. Sometimes it doesn’t know what it is talking about lol