JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have just purchased st9400c and wanted to know which of

Hi I have just purchased st9400c and wanted to know which of the 1-4 numbered terminals I connect my hot water cylinder to ... it’s not a system just a heated tank ... thanks
JA: Who makes your HVAC unit?
Customer: Honeywell st9400c
JA: What have you tried so far with your Honeywell unit?
Customer: Live and neutral connected .... unit comes on ... but from drawing/ installers guide I don’t know where to connect the cylinder heater ... wires ... block is numbered 1-4 ... which numbers do I use?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
To confirm you wanting to connect an immersion to the timer?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This timer is not suitable for that as it only provides low current switching of up to 3amp.
You would normally have a live terminal connected to terminal 3, which would activate a relay to call demand for the element.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thats me in the crap then .. I wanted a colour big screen as we have vision related issues .. do you suggest anything that would do this
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your help I guess we best go to a plumbing supplies place
You could keep that one and just use it for heating, then buy a separate one for the hot water such as
https://www.screwfix.com/p/greenbrook-t205-scr-kingshield-7-day-fused-digital-timer-spur-switch-230v/7643g
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again ...
When selecting a timer make sure you tell them what the size of the element is in the immersion, as some require larger switching capacity.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No you’ve really been a great help .. be well out there