JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I want to connect a Worcester twin channel

I want to connect a Worcester twin channel programmer(replacement to a boulter camray 5 oil combi existing programmer wires purple water on, orange heating on, blue mains neutral, brown mains line
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you please clarify what you need guidance\assistance with in terms of replacing the programmer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi James the boiler has a boulter 2 channel 7 day programmer wires as above. replacement is a Worcester 7 day programmer(###) ###-#### wires blue (mains neutral?) orange/brown joined together (mains line?) white ? grey ? please advise which wires to connect together thank you

It appears the number provided is invalid, as its missing a digit, can you please check the number

Are you confident this programmer is compatible, and secondly what is the model of the Boulter boiler?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The boiler is a boulter Camry 5 combi 65-95
the programmer looks similer to the existing one

The programmer isnt showing as compatible with the boiler from the service manual however in terms of wiring, this is explained on page 35 here.

The issue comes that the correct wiring scheme suggests there should be two yellow and two orange, so someone has gone off and done their own thing by have one orange and one yellow. So really you need to go back to the main boiler PCB to verify they are indeed correctly terminated to HW on and CH on, if they are the scheme below applies.

Boiler to New Programmer

Blue (neutral) to Blue (neutral)

Brown (live) to Brown (live)

Orange (CH on?) to Grey (CH ON)

Yellow (HW on?) to White (HW ON).