Tamar D
Tamar D, HVAC Mechanic II / Service Tech
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

Please may you help me......my remote control unit lcd

Hi Pearl
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: please may you help me......my remote control unit lcd display had gone patchy (parts of display unit working/parts not) and now the screen is fully blank. about 5 years i think.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is honeywell
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it has gone wrong not too long after we got it......but managed to disipher (guess the numbers ......as in, something like this " : " we guessed to be a number " 1" if you know what i mean?! i will now go and take a photo of it to send you....
Please read the entire message before respondingHi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Hope you’re doing well, what is the model number of the equipment
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi tamar - I sent another message along with this photo.hope it helps . Thanks Kay
Thank you I just received your photo. Does the unit pull off the wall? If so there may be a model number on the back. Also I’m assuming this is not battery powered?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is the room thermometer/ remote control unit where the screen is blank. The wall unit reads/works perfectly. Is CM927 not the model number? Thanks
Looks like the model number
Thank you, ***** ***** you using batteries?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
it takes 2 x AA's
Got it. And these are brand new?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no. but i had tried putting brand new ones in and it hasn;t made a difference to the screen
This is a common issue with these thermostats. The contact points where you snap the battery in are clean right? Sometimes they can get a little corroded.If that’s good the issue may be the lcd screen is becoming delaminated
Two options. You can replace the thermostat or try and laminate the screen over. I’ll send you a video showing the processhttps://youtu.be/6cnCDOfCafs
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and remember to rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of chargeThank you and have a blessed day
Tamar
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi tamar -thank you for your response- I will rate you, but I will have a look at the video first to see if that resolves the issue, as if not, I will be back in touch. Thank you Kay