Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

Valor dream. i have fitted a new thermocouple & interrupter

valor dream. i have fitted a new thermocouple & interrupter block.but i unable connect the wires from the micro switch into the block.The only way I can connect the spade connector into the block is by leaving it hand tight. Is this ok
JA: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?
Customer: Valor Homeflame Dream Model 961
JA: How long have you had your?
Customer: 2009
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: If i leave the interrupter block hand tight i then can connect the micro switch wires Is this safe.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
unable to send photos can you phone as requested
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
p;ease ring on***********
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still working on my promblem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will continue to wait for an answer but would prefer to receive a phone call from a technician
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Do the spade connections not feel that tight, or are you taking about the thermocouple in the block?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
interrupter part No(###) ###-####i can only fit spade connectors into block when only hand tight.if i tighten block i cannot fit spade connector.Is this correct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thanks

Can you upload a picture as the thermocouple needs tightening in with an adjustable spanner to ensure a good connection as it is only handling mV

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is MV

millivolts - a very small electrical charge

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks .So the interrupter block does not have to be gas tight.If i tighten the block you cannot fit spade connectors as the piston is pushed back into the block

But tight enough to pass the electrical charge.

You can try just harder than finger tight and see if it hold the pilot on, if not then slightly tighter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok will do thanks for your help.Will later today.

No problem - come back if you get stuck

Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience: Heating and Controls engineer