Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Vaillant boiler that had its gas section replaced

Customer Question

I have a Vaillant boiler that had its gas section replaced (engrs entry on service sheet) 0n 10/08/19. ! week ago i switched the c/h section on. Had difficulty in getting it to run properly but after 3 days mansged to get a full days running. However he radiator balance is right off and taking twice as long as it used to to get the house up to heat. (a) should it have had a radiator balance done when repaired (b) what are the recommended temperature settings for hot water and c/h water please
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: at first got anti/cyclic running but now ok
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first problem i had was timer had been incorrectly set. Now corrected.Next problem was boiler only ran long enough to get return water up to selected running temp and switching off again.eventually, by resetting water temps to max it the went into normal running mode. after i hour returned to 45 and 65 c settings, all seemed ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: should i have a radiator balance done, and what about system flush, what are best advised temperature settings
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 1 year ago.
I strongly recommend that you ask the engineer who did the work to return and commission the boiler again. They have done only half the job.