Tamar D
Tamar D, HVAC Mechanic II / Service Tech
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

Answer for Taymar D question is that I test the batteries

Customer Question

Answer for Taymar D question is that I test the batteries approx every 2 hrs with a voltmeter and can see them drain 2 hrs down to approx 1.2 volts then down below 1 volt each next test they are .8 !
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Started Jan 19 but heating is not on all the time numerous pairs of batteries have been fitted thought we had a diff
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Duff batch heating g not used u til 2 days ago same problems happening I am a approved NICEIC contractor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there a problem in the stat ? No other problems apart from cali ration being but that is not a problem.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 months ago.
Hi there. We were speaking earlier about your thermostat. You may have accidentally posted a duplicate but that is ok, we will talk here and once finished I will send the other question to customer service to be closed
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 months ago.
If the thermostat is draining the batteries down that quick, it’s safe to say the thermostat is defective and should be replaced. Even if the thermostat is controlling properly, there’s an internal issue causing it to pull power from the batteries unnecessarily
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 months ago.
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and remember to rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of chargeThank you and have a blessed day
Tamar
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Taymar D thank you I will order a new thermostat.and please can you unsubscribe me from the subscription service or tell me how to .I am running out of time Richard Rutter.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 months ago.
You are welcome! If you will simply rate my service at the top of the page using the stars it will close the ticketTo unsubscribe you will need to contact customer service
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 months ago.
1-***-***-****