JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Bath water not getting realy hot when set on highest temp

Customer Question

bath water not getting realy hot when set on highest temp setting you can hold your hand under it without burning it
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: Greenstar si compact
JA: How long have you been dealing with this plumbing issue?
Customer: 5 hears old regularly serviced
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its been going on and off for quite a while was reported to the engineer he told us to run the tap slowly till it heated up .then open the tap fully.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the engineer never checked the tap water temperature . is that not part of the service ??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So previously the water was significantly hotter, and you have noticed all taps are not getting hot (just warm) or just the Bath tap?

As to what is performed by a service it varies based on the engineer, most services focus on checking boiler functionality at a high level and its operation, so if the tap ran warm they would have that as a pass, rather than actually checking the boiler is capable of providing the max temp as per the book as this is only really done at first install.