JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Water is coming from the drain is it blocked if o how do l

Customer Question

water is coming from the drain is it blocked if o how do l clear it
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: greenstar ri not sure poss 5 years
JA: How long have you been dealing with this drain issue?
Customer: noticed in the last couple days
JA: How long has this been going on with your drain? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no how do l fix this
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What drain are you seeing water come out of?

Does the water stop coming out if the boiler is switched off for 5 minutes?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there is a plastic pipe that goes to waste pipe this pipe comes out the bottom of the boiler
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Ok if its a plastic pipe thats the condensate pipe and its normal for it to have water coming out of it as this is a condenser boiler.

If your seeing water coming out under pressure or flowing, and boiler needing re-pressurised regularly that would point to a fault which would need action.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it dripping out of one of the elbows does this mean it is blocked if so how do l clear it
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Most likely the elbow joint has failed, condensate is acidic so can sometimes damage the glue used on joints. You just need to cut the pipe and fit a new section and elbow. Make sure the boiler has been switched off 30 min before hand so the condensate stops flowing.