JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

One of your engineers performed an annual service o n our

Customer Question

Hi. One of your engineers performed an annual service o n our vaillant boiler last week and reported a "low inlet working pressure of 13mb". He suggested that I contact a gas safe engineer which I have done - they reckon they need to increase the size of the pipe which is under the kitchen floor (they haven't visited the house) and that it will be an enormous job. How important is the problem because I don't want to redo a whole kitchen to solve it!
JA: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?
Customer: No
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it definite that the problem is caused by the size of the pipe?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Just because the current pipe is under the floor doesnt mean the new pipe would need to be,t here are other ways the pipe can be run for example along the wall, ceiling or outside of the property.

Typically a low inlet pressure would point to size of the pipe serving the boiler, this should really have been detected at boiler commissioning. Issues you may encounter is nuance lockouts as the boiler cant meet demand, and the boiler taking longer to provide heat for hot water \ central heating.

How old is the boiler, as I would initially get the installer to come back and confirm the install is as per the manual.