JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Aristonfreezer keeps blowing the electrics when I plug it

My Aristonfreezer keeps blowing the electrics when I plug it in after I defrosted it.
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: Aristotle brand 4 drawers. I do not know model number as I only moved in last year and cannot see number. Quite old I think
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i cannot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I w

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Is it blowing the plug or consumer unit fuse?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think it’s the unit fuse but it shorts out other appliances

Sounds like water from the defrost may have got into a component causing the issue.

What is the model number of the freezer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don’t know
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When can I speak to someone. It’s cost me £21 so far
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Perhaps I should just go to curry’s and get a new one (I am an oap and trying to avoid stress!

AS per our call I have cancelled off the call, as you dont need any further advice and just need to go and get a replacement.

Have a good evening

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks, James. Phew..