JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have three wires (red, blue and yellow) plus an earth

Customer Question

I have three wires (red, blue and yellow) plus an earth coming in to a TIM2402. wall unit Which terminals connect to which colour wire.
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 and is approx 9 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took off the old thermostat unit to replace it with another and seem to have got in a muddle with the wires
JA: Have you replaced your thermostat or parts of it before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to replace the old unit with another but have got in a muddle with the three wires
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

What the make of the TIM2402, I cant see at stats showing that model number.

As to the wiring colours this is not a standard wiring scheme but onc eI know what the device is I can then look at the terminals and from there derive best way to wire this new stat.