JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

We have a Dimplex ‘Danville’ electric fire, four years old.

We have a Dimplex ‘Danville’ electric fire, four years old. We cannot get the flame effect to work. Have cleaned it all out and done the suggestions in the troubleshooting panel of the brochure. Business where it was bought no longer trading.
JA: Do you know the model of your Dimplex appliance?
Customer: the Model No. is DNV20AB
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dimplex appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried all the tips in the brochure. Since using after the summer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It seems to try to flame but only tiny ones which we can’t really see.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

It sounds like your not getting the mist effect which helps the projection of the flames, does that sounds about right?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will wait for a reply, thank you. Yes, you have the correct info.

Is there water in the tray, and can you hear the fan running?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes, water in tray and fan running.

Ok it sounds like it could be the transducer which vibrates in the water and agitates the water causing the mist effect.

You can buy new discs for it but you really need to check if the transducer is getting power, if it is its worth getting new discs.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Slight mist in left hand half. Nothing in right hand half.

Sounds like its just not running very well so could be the disc.

A new disc can be found here which screws into the top of the transducer, or failing that a new transducer can be sourced here.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks James, we want to purchase a new Transducer but am finding difficulty with the order form. It is asking me for a promo code, what is that? When I click on method of payment nothing happens! Help!

Best thing to do is just call them and get them to order it for you, thats what I normally do.

Their number is 0344 879 3588 They normally close at 4pm so you not got long to get a call in.

Please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.