How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Cooke Your Own Question
Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Tim Cooke is online now

I have a manual valve to replace for a heater but i dont

Customer Question

hello, I have a manual valve to replace for a heater but i dont know what to buy - size wise and if i can have a termostatic one instead of manual
JA: Have you replaced your heater or parts of it before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: i would like to give you a picture to see what i have but i caanot on this chat no ive just moved in
JA: What have you tried so far with your heater?
Customer: the decorator had to take the heater out to paint behind it and when he put it back it was a slight leak and he suggested to change it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i would like you to see the picture of the vaslve - the one that is now just for you help me what to buy what size it is i will call a plumber to install it but not sure what to buy
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hope its clear from the picture - the size of the valve and also if a thermostatic will do with the same size. thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 months ago.
Hello, any reputable heating engineer will provide the new valve - you don’t need to provide any parts.