JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My optimyst fire which is about a year old has stopped

Customer Question

Hi my optimyst fire which is about a year old has stopped misting
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Grand stove rtopstv20gr
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to clean it. The whole thing lights up but no steam
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

The steam effect is created by a transducer which vibrates a disc, which moves the water.

Have you checked there is water in the sump?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Ok if there is water in the sump and you cant see any mist at the bottom would rule an issue of the fan not working, and points to a hardware fault, most likely with the transducer or transducer disc.

Since the appliance is a year old I would suggest trying to claim a repair under warranty, the transducers dont normally fail so early on.

To arrange a warranty repair please contact the team on 0344 879 3588