Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My remeha avanta plus boiler keeps on turning the heating on

hi, my remeha avanta plus boiler keeps on turning the heating on randomly
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: no error messages or blinking lights the boiler is about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started last year i reset the thermostat and reset the timers that seemed to have worked but it started again 3 days ago i tried the same thing i did last year and changed batteries on thermostat but it did not work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it

Hello, please can you tell me the make and model of your thermostat and timers?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thermostat is SALUS model RT500RF...I have mo idea what the timers are called.

Please can you post a photo of the timers so that I know what you're referring to?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please find attached photo of thermostat...the timers I was referring to was the programme on the thermostat will send a photo of that as well
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Timers on the thermostat program

Do you have motorised valves in this system? If so, it's possible that one or both or them are sticking open.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The valves are not motorised but both of the valves are open
Is this a combi boiler, or a system boiler?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's a combi boiler
Ok. And when the boiler ignites
Ok. And at those times that the boiler ignites when you don’t expect it, is the flame symbol showing on the display of the room thermostat?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No the flame symbol is not displayed on the thermostat when it randomly comes on

Either the thermostat receiver unit is malfunctioning, and calling for heat when it shouldn't, or the boiler is faulty.

If you turn off the receiver, does the boiler still ignite? If so, I would carry out a further check, which is to disconnect the receiver from the boiler, in case its relay is fused. In either case, if the boiler no longer ignites randomly, then the fault is in the receiver unit. If the boiler ignites when the receiver is disconnected, then the fault is in the boiler.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much will try that.