How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Cooke Your Own Question
Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 1036
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Tim Cooke is online now

I have a rusty radiator bleed valve on a traditional

Customer Question

hi, I have a rusty radiator bleed valve on a traditional radiator. I'm struggling to find the part to replace it. Hoping someone can help me by pointing me in the right direction?
JA: What's the brand and model of your radiator? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the make/model I think it's about 10 years old possiby older
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your radiator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your radiator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: searching on google/ebay for similar parts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 months ago.

Take a photo to your nearest traditional plumbers' merchant, and they should sort you out. B&Q also have some vent plugs. If nobody can help you from a photo, then shut both of the radiator valves and remove the drain plug.

Before you fit the new one, remove all sharp edges of paint and metal burrs from the hole. Then smear the sealing O ring of the vent plug with some silicone grease.