Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a rusty radiator bleed valve on a traditional

Customer Question

hi, I have a rusty radiator bleed valve on a traditional radiator. I'm struggling to find the part to replace it. Hoping someone can help me by pointing me in the right direction?
JA: What's the brand and model of your radiator? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the make/model I think it's about 10 years old possiby older
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your radiator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your radiator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: searching on google/ebay for similar parts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Take a photo to your nearest traditional plumbers' merchant, and they should sort you out. B&Q also have some vent plugs. If nobody can help you from a photo, then shut both of the radiator valves and remove the drain plug.

Before you fit the new one, remove all sharp edges of paint and metal burrs from the hole. Then smear the sealing O ring of the vent plug with some silicone grease.