Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I bought a Dimplex Danesbury DAN20CH electric fire from

Customer Question

Hello, I bought a Dimplex Danesbury DAN20CH electric fire from Cliftons of Wrexham on 17/11/2017. The fire has stopped producing any heat, however, the LED fire effect continues to function. The fire obviously requires repair. Could you advise please. Thanks Philip Jones
JA: How old is your Dimplex appliance?
Customer: As I stated I bought it on 17/11/2017
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dimplex appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It stopped working 4 days ago. Adjusted thermostat and re tried the two heat switches but without result
JA: Where in your home is your Dimplex thermostat installed?
Customer: The thermostat control on the fire I mean
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dimplex thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The fire has two heat setting switches and a circular dial which I assume is a thermostat control. I have tried adjusting the dial when the heat switches are on without result
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 days ago.

Hello Philip, I expect the fault is nothing more than a failed heating element, but that isn't the only possibility.

It would be natural to go back to Cliftons of Wrexham and ask them to diagnose/fix the fire. Is there a particular reason you're not doing that?